Sade’s status as a legendary group (and soloist) has long been solidified over the past 20 some-odd years. Classics like Sweetest Taboo, No Ordinary Love, By Your Side and even their recent release, Soldier of Love have all but ingrained themselves into the consciousness of a diverse array of music fans from Miami to Morocco. While we have seen Best Of compilations from Sade before, the release of The Ultimate Collection on May 3, will surely exceed the expectations of any fan, whether novice or die-hard. One of three new songs to be included is the self-produced Still in Love with You, a cover of Irish rock group Thin Lizzy’s already sublime version of the song. Though instrumentally stripped down, Still In Love is no less powerful a song than its original when conveying the emotion of love lost. True to form, Sade’s vocals float above acoustic strings and beautifully placed guitar riffs, while subtly infusing uncertainty and sadness into the melody with a finesse that few have mastered. It’s a song as timeless as its artist, and no less a classic.
Written by Jessica "Compton" Bennett on 04/6/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Soldier of Love" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.