“Timeless” is not a word I throw around lightly, but the critical and commercial success of Soldier of Love, Sade‘s first album since 2000, suggested that the UK soul vets’ sound and style hadn’t tarnished one iota in the intervening decade. With interest once again at a high, it should be no surprise that a “Best of” is on its way, complete with a few never-before-heard cuts to tempt devotees. One of four such inclusions, this official remix of Soldier opener The Moon and the Sky finds Jay-Z jumping aboard to transform the already eminently smooth jam into something as cozy and opulent as a waterbed.. with silk sheets… covered in $100 bills? Yeah, that’s a terrible analogy – point is, Sade Abu’s famously seductive vocal stylings, along with her bandmates’ understated synth-percussion backdrop, are as languidly appealing as ever, and Hova’s lost-love laments on the back are an enjoyable extra. Or have I got it twisted? In any case, new fans and longtime Sade-heads alike can find this remix and three bonus originals on “greatest hits” compilation The Ultimate Collection, coming May 3 (Those who pre-order here get access to presale tickets for Sade’s summer tour!).
Written by richard on 04/10/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Soldier of Love" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.