“Hey, Sabrina, we haven’t seen you around the Booth since 2009! How ‘ya been? Good, good. So you have a new single out, one that takes aim at the ‘David Bowie’ of our generation? Cool deal, count us in.” So, okay, I didn’t actually have that conversation, but one can imagine. With her newest single, I Wanna Shoot Lady Gaga, Sabrina is back from a two year hiatus (see her last offering Separate Ways) to deliver a catchy, and hilarious, remedy for radio replays. Produced in club anthem fashion by Ajami, Sabs herself does well enough to keep pace with a track that sets its sights on the same scene that Gaga has been dominating as of late, delivering a catchy, heavily electronic pop performance. While feuds have starting becoming posh again, I can only see this as a clever title with the potential to make people jump up and down (and not in a rioting sense, stay calm you “little monsters”). While Shoot Lady Gaga isn’t currently attached to a larger project, if you liked this provocative offering be sure to keep it locked to the Booth for more from Sabrina.
Written by Sigurd on 01/16/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Election Day ft. Sabrina" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.