“Hey, Sabrina, we haven’t seen you around the Booth since 2009! How ‘ya been? Good, good. So you have a new single out, one that takes aim at the ‘David Bowie’ of our generation? Cool deal, count us in.” So, okay, I didn’t actually have that conversation, but one can imagine. With her newest single, I Wanna Shoot Lady Gaga, Sabrina is back from a two year hiatus (see her last offering Separate Ways) to deliver a catchy, and hilarious, remedy for radio replays. Produced in club anthem fashion by Ajami, Sabs herself does well enough to keep pace with a track that sets its sights on the same scene that Gaga has been dominating as of late, delivering a catchy, heavily electronic pop performance. While feuds have starting becoming posh again, I can only see this as a clever title with the potential to make people jump up and down (and not in a rioting sense, stay calm you “little monsters”). While Shoot Lady Gaga isn’t currently attached to a larger project, if you liked this provocative offering be sure to keep it locked to the Booth for more from Sabrina.
Written by Sigurd on 01/16/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Election Day ft. Sabrina" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.