“Hey, Sabrina, we haven’t seen you around the Booth since 2009! How ‘ya been? Good, good. So you have a new single out, one that takes aim at the ‘David Bowie’ of our generation? Cool deal, count us in.” So, okay, I didn’t actually have that conversation, but one can imagine. With her newest single, I Wanna Shoot Lady Gaga, Sabrina is back from a two year hiatus (see her last offering Separate Ways) to deliver a catchy, and hilarious, remedy for radio replays. Produced in club anthem fashion by Ajami, Sabs herself does well enough to keep pace with a track that sets its sights on the same scene that Gaga has been dominating as of late, delivering a catchy, heavily electronic pop performance. While feuds have starting becoming posh again, I can only see this as a clever title with the potential to make people jump up and down (and not in a rioting sense, stay calm you “little monsters”). While Shoot Lady Gaga isn’t currently attached to a larger project, if you liked this provocative offering be sure to keep it locked to the Booth for more from Sabrina.
Written by Sigurd on 01/16/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Election Day ft. Sabrina" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)