I have never been to California (yet), but I am well aware of how awesome it is. Besides possibly New York, no locale has had more hip-hop anthems dedicated to it than The Golden State. You can add Sabi‘sCali Love to the long list of songs dedicated to the third-largest U.S. city. Although Mark Feist’s electronic beat hits hard, it still manages to be as breezy as a California summer (especially when the artist brings it home on the hook), thanks to some bubbly bells and whistles. The Warner Bros. artist showcases her diverse style, mixing vibrant sung vocals with flowed bars as she lists a few reasons why Cali is the sh*t. Her guest, YMCMB repper Tyga, takes a similar approach; although he mostly sticks to rapping, he does sing a few lines himself. Cali Love is the title track off Sabi’s forthcoming EP, due out in October.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/20/13
Submit your Rating
Warner Bros. Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wild Heart" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.