Update: We have added the Tommy Nova-directed visuals for SA-ROC’s True Mastery.
Plenty of rappers are nice on the mic, but precious few achieve True Mastery of their craft. Booth newcomer SA-ROC believes she’s one of that rare breed and, whether or not you agree with her self-assessment, her unshakeable faith in her skills makes her latest single a riveting listen. Premiering right here on our front page, this cut finds the D.C. representative asserting her dominance via an endless array of colorful metaphors—from the medical (“I’m type ill like I’m typhoid, no vaccine.”) to the judicial (“I break rules like white boys in courtrooms”). Sol Messiah crafts an appropriately gritty beat to accompany her rhymes, slicing and dicing samples over a leisurely boom-bap rhythm. On the back, SA-ROC declares, “I’m sorta the rapper half the game been waitin’ on.” If you’re part of that half, you won’t want to miss the rest of the fresh material in store on her Nebuchadnezzar LP, coming soon via AVX Records/Sol Messiah Music.
AVX Records/Sol Messiah Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Code of Hammurabi" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.