An up-and-coming MC from Chicago, S-Preme has joined forces with several of the Booth’s favorite artists to pioneer a brand-new sound. This new musical school is known as the “Amajanese” (a portmanteau of American and Japanese) movement, and serves as the theme of the LupEND blog’s recently-released The Amajanese Takeover mixtape. Ready to break into the hip-hop landscape, Preme asks all MCs who think they can stand a chance against him to “Test Your Might.” The undeniable highlight here comes courtesy of Charles Hamilton; a known video game fanatic, Hamilton incorporates a sample of the Mortal Kombat theme into the his beat, providing the perfect accompaniment to S-Preme’s lyrical muscle-flexing. The end result is a pure Booth behemoth—Test Your Might is a strong contender for the #1 spot on our Underground Chart, and should whet Booth readers’ appetites for more from S-Preme in the months ahead.
Written by Burmy on 04/22/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.