An up-and-coming MC from Chicago, S-Preme has joined forces with several of the Booth’s favorite artists to pioneer a brand-new sound. This new musical school is known as the “Amajanese” (a portmanteau of American and Japanese) movement, and serves as the theme of the LupEND blog’s recently-released The Amajanese Takeover mixtape. Ready to break into the hip-hop landscape, Preme asks all MCs who think they can stand a chance against him to “Test Your Might.” The undeniable highlight here comes courtesy of Charles Hamilton; a known video game fanatic, Hamilton incorporates a sample of the Mortal Kombat theme into the his beat, providing the perfect accompaniment to S-Preme’s lyrical muscle-flexing. The end result is a pure Booth behemoth—Test Your Might is a strong contender for the #1 spot on our Underground Chart, and should whet Booth readers’ appetites for more from S-Preme in the months ahead.
Written by Burmy on 04/22/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.