“Righteous!” hasn’t been cutting-edge slang since the days of Bill & Ted, but it seems to be making a comeback in hip-hop. Earlier this month, we heard Soul Khan declare his Supreme Righteousness on a reader-approved loosie, and now Chi-Town spitter S-Preme has borrowed the adjective—by way of a sampled line from Biggie‘s Party & Bullsh*t—for the title of his latest single. Mr. Music mans the boards, interweaving the aforementioned vocal snippet with springy synth blurts, earth-shaking bass and trap-style hi-hat rolls. Preme matches the beat’s dancefloor-ready feel on the lyrical tip, using his verses to depict a raucous night at the local spot. This high-energy jam is the lead single off S-Preme’s forthcoming full-length, Goodbye Tomorrow. Watch our pages for further details on the set, which as yet lacks a solid drop date.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Test Your Might" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!