“Righteous!” hasn’t been cutting-edge slang since the days of Bill & Ted, but it seems to be making a comeback in hip-hop. Earlier this month, we heard Soul Khan declare his Supreme Righteousness on a reader-approved loosie, and now Chi-Town spitter S-Preme has borrowed the adjective—by way of a sampled line from Biggie‘s Party & Bullsh*t—for the title of his latest single. Mr. Music mans the boards, interweaving the aforementioned vocal snippet with springy synth blurts, earth-shaking bass and trap-style hi-hat rolls. Preme matches the beat’s dancefloor-ready feel on the lyrical tip, using his verses to depict a raucous night at the local spot. This high-energy jam is the lead single off S-Preme’s forthcoming full-length, Goodbye Tomorrow. Watch our pages for further details on the set, which as yet lacks a solid drop date.
Update: The song has been removed at the request of the copyright holder.
Written by richard on 01/26/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Test Your Might" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.