“Righteous!” hasn’t been cutting-edge slang since the days of Bill & Ted, but it seems to be making a comeback in hip-hop. Earlier this month, we heard Soul Khan declare his Supreme Righteousness on a reader-approved loosie, and now Chi-Town spitter S-Preme has borrowed the adjective—by way of a sampled line from Biggie‘s Party & Bullsh*t—for the title of his latest single. Mr. Music mans the boards, interweaving the aforementioned vocal snippet with springy synth blurts, earth-shaking bass and trap-style hi-hat rolls. Preme matches the beat’s dancefloor-ready feel on the lyrical tip, using his verses to depict a raucous night at the local spot. This high-energy jam is the lead single off S-Preme’s forthcoming full-length, Goodbye Tomorrow. Watch our pages for further details on the set, which as yet lacks a solid drop date.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Test Your Might" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.