“Righteous!” hasn’t been cutting-edge slang since the days of Bill & Ted, but it seems to be making a comeback in hip-hop. Earlier this month, we heard Soul Khan declare his Supreme Righteousness on a reader-approved loosie, and now Chi-Town spitter S-Preme has borrowed the adjective—by way of a sampled line from Biggie‘s Party & Bullsh*t—for the title of his latest single. Mr. Music mans the boards, interweaving the aforementioned vocal snippet with springy synth blurts, earth-shaking bass and trap-style hi-hat rolls. Preme matches the beat’s dancefloor-ready feel on the lyrical tip, using his verses to depict a raucous night at the local spot. This high-energy jam is the lead single off S-Preme’s forthcoming full-length, Goodbye Tomorrow. Watch our pages for further details on the set, which as yet lacks a solid drop date.
Update: The song has been removed at the request of the copyright holder.
Written by richard on 01/26/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Test Your Might" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)