S-Preme‘s first Booth feature, Test Your Might, relied on Charles Hamilton‘s Mortal Kombat-sampling beat to get spins. Though that strategy worked (to an extent), the Chicago native regards his latest feature, the first official leak off his Terry Urban-hosted The Sicktape: Volume 2, as a much better track. On the newly-released record, S-Preme takes a trip down memory lane, describing his childhood dreams of hearing his own music played on the Radio. If you can get past the fact that beatsmith Aeon‘s jacked our own “exclusive interview,” sound for the intro, you’re sure to appreciate the exotic boardwork with which he backs this hip-hop dreamer’s poetry (I bet Young Son wishes he’d gotten his hands on this one). Now comes the big question: do you think S-Preme’s got what it takes to succeed at Radio beyond the obligatory “local heat” blocks?
Listen to More: S-Preme
Written by Burmy on 08/17/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Test Your Might" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.