S-Preme‘s first Booth feature, Test Your Might, relied on Charles Hamilton‘s Mortal Kombat-sampling beat to get spins. Though that strategy worked (to an extent), the Chicago native regards his latest feature, the first official leak off his Terry Urban-hosted The Sicktape: Volume 2, as a much better track. On the newly-released record, S-Preme takes a trip down memory lane, describing his childhood dreams of hearing his own music played on the Radio. If you can get past the fact that beatsmith Aeon‘s jacked our own “exclusive interview,” sound for the intro, you’re sure to appreciate the exotic boardwork with which he backs this hip-hop dreamer’s poetry (I bet Young Son wishes he’d gotten his hands on this one). Now comes the big question: do you think S-Preme’s got what it takes to succeed at Radio beyond the obligatory “local heat” blocks?
Listen to More: S-Preme
Written by Burmy on 08/17/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Test Your Might" (2009)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.