S-Preme‘s first Booth feature, Test Your Might, relied on Charles Hamilton‘s Mortal Kombat-sampling beat to get spins. Though that strategy worked (to an extent), the Chicago native regards his latest feature, the first official leak off his Terry Urban-hosted The Sicktape: Volume 2, as a much better track. On the newly-released record, S-Preme takes a trip down memory lane, describing his childhood dreams of hearing his own music played on the Radio. If you can get past the fact that beatsmith Aeon‘s jacked our own “exclusive interview,” sound for the intro, you’re sure to appreciate the exotic boardwork with which he backs this hip-hop dreamer’s poetry (I bet Young Son wishes he’d gotten his hands on this one). Now comes the big question: do you think S-Preme’s got what it takes to succeed at Radio beyond the obligatory “local heat” blocks?
Listen to More: S-Preme Written by Burmy
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Test Your Might" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!