S-Preme‘s first Booth feature, Test Your Might, relied on Charles Hamilton‘s Mortal Kombat-sampling beat to get spins. Though that strategy worked (to an extent), the Chicago native regards his latest feature, the first official leak off his Terry Urban-hosted The Sicktape: Volume 2, as a much better track. On the newly-released record, S-Preme takes a trip down memory lane, describing his childhood dreams of hearing his own music played on the Radio. If you can get past the fact that beatsmith Aeon‘s jacked our own “exclusive interview,” sound for the intro, you’re sure to appreciate the exotic boardwork with which he backs this hip-hop dreamer’s poetry (I bet Young Son wishes he’d gotten his hands on this one). Now comes the big question: do you think S-Preme’s got what it takes to succeed at Radio beyond the obligatory “local heat” blocks?
Listen to More: S-Preme
Written by Burmy on 08/17/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Test Your Might" (2009)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.