S-Preme‘s first Booth feature, Test Your Might, relied on Charles Hamilton‘s Mortal Kombat-sampling beat to get spins. Though that strategy worked (to an extent), the Chicago native regards his latest feature, the first official leak off his Terry Urban-hosted The Sicktape: Volume 2, as a much better track. On the newly-released record, S-Preme takes a trip down memory lane, describing his childhood dreams of hearing his own music played on the Radio. If you can get past the fact that beatsmith Aeon‘s jacked our own “exclusive interview,” sound for the intro, you’re sure to appreciate the exotic boardwork with which he backs this hip-hop dreamer’s poetry (I bet Young Son wishes he’d gotten his hands on this one). Now comes the big question: do you think S-Preme’s got what it takes to succeed at Radio beyond the obligatory “local heat” blocks?
Written by Burmy on 08/17/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Test Your Might" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.