Yesterday, Windy City rhymesayer S-Preme celebrated another year on this Earth. Well, I say “celebrated,” but that may not be the right word—judging by this freshly-minted promo single, the birthday wasn’t an entirely happy one. The artist’s first feature since last summer’s Dope (Fly for Life), the cut begins with the ominous lines, “28, that’s when Basquiat died / 28, and I’m barely feelin’ alive.” Despite the existential angst pervading his bars, the artist’s confidence in his abilities remains unshakable. Over Mr. Music‘s trap percussion and stuttering samples, he boasts, “This the cleanest my flow ever been,” and forecasts his impending domination of the hip-hop game. This joint is slated to appear on Preme’s next free album, Goodbye Tomorrow: A Journey Through the Mind of a Nonbeliever. Keep it locked for further details on the set, which is scheduled for release this fall.
Written by richard on 09/10/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Test Your Might" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.