Yesterday, Windy City rhymesayer S-Preme celebrated another year on this Earth. Well, I say “celebrated,” but that may not be the right word—judging by this freshly-minted promo single, the birthday wasn’t an entirely happy one. The artist’s first feature since last summer’s Dope (Fly for Life), the cut begins with the ominous lines, “28, that’s when Basquiat died / 28, and I’m barely feelin’ alive.” Despite the existential angst pervading his bars, the artist’s confidence in his abilities remains unshakable. Over Mr. Music‘s trap percussion and stuttering samples, he boasts, “This the cleanest my flow ever been,” and forecasts his impending domination of the hip-hop game. This joint is slated to appear on Preme’s next free album, Goodbye Tomorrow: A Journey Through the Mind of a Nonbeliever. Keep it locked for further details on the set, which is scheduled for release this fall.
Written by richard on 09/10/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Test Your Might" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.