Yesterday, Windy City rhymesayer S-Preme celebrated another year on this Earth. Well, I say “celebrated,” but that may not be the right word—judging by this freshly-minted promo single, the birthday wasn’t an entirely happy one. The artist’s first feature since last summer’s Dope (Fly for Life), the cut begins with the ominous lines, “28, that’s when Basquiat died / 28, and I’m barely feelin’ alive.” Despite the existential angst pervading his bars, the artist’s confidence in his abilities remains unshakable. Over Mr. Music‘s trap percussion and stuttering samples, he boasts, “This the cleanest my flow ever been,” and forecasts his impending domination of the hip-hop game. This joint is slated to appear on Preme’s next free album, Goodbye Tomorrow: A Journey Through the Mind of a Nonbeliever. Keep it locked for further details on the set, which is scheduled for release this fall.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Test Your Might" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.