A buzzmaking producer, singer and multi-instrumentalist residing in Austria, S O H N makes his grand entrance into The DJBooth with a newly-released promotional single. On Bloodflows, the artist showcases a hazy, ‘80s-informed aesthetic consonant with the emerging generation of R&B hitmakers. Understated synth voices ebb and flow over a jittery rhythm section as S O H N grapples with heartbreak in poetically abstract, reverb-drenched verses. The cut’s somber front two-thirds lead up to a surprisingly lush, expansive climax and instrumental outro. Bloodflows isn’t slated to appear on any forthcoming project but, if it’s piqued your interest, you can keep it locked you-know-where for more fresh song releases from this talented up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 03/8/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)