A buzzmaking producer, singer and multi-instrumentalist residing in Austria, S O H N makes his grand entrance into The DJBooth with a newly-released promotional single. On Bloodflows, the artist showcases a hazy, ‘80s-informed aesthetic consonant with the emerging generation of R&B hitmakers. Understated synth voices ebb and flow over a jittery rhythm section as S O H N grapples with heartbreak in poetically abstract, reverb-drenched verses. The cut’s somber front two-thirds lead up to a surprisingly lush, expansive climax and instrumental outro. Bloodflows isn’t slated to appear on any forthcoming project but, if it’s piqued your interest, you can keep it locked you-know-where for more fresh song releases from this talented up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 03/8/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.