Back in January, DJBooth’s sister site, RefinedHype.com, declared RyattFienix the next artist to blow. Obviously their editors are not psychic, but they are totally on to something. The artist’s last single, Don’t Be Shy, featured Dizzy Wright, and here she continues the trend of getting a Booth-beloved emcee as a guest, recruiting Rittz for Suicide. Everything about this cut, from the edgy, grimy beat courtesy of WLPWR to Ryatt’s dark lyrics and energetic, unique vocals screams alternative. Thus, it makes perfect sense that a certain redheaded, Strange Music artist is her guest; you can tell he is at home, using his knifing, rapid-fire flow to conduct business as usual. There is no news on anything larger, but with two big releases in two months, something is definitely in the works; stay tuned for more from this fast riser.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/16/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Tattoo Love" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.