Back in January, DJBooth’s sister site, RefinedHype.com, declared RyattFienix the next artist to blow. Obviously their editors are not psychic, but they are totally on to something. The artist’s last single, Don’t Be Shy, featured Dizzy Wright, and here she continues the trend of getting a Booth-beloved emcee as a guest, recruiting Rittz for Suicide. Everything about this cut, from the edgy, grimy beat courtesy of WLPWR to Ryatt’s dark lyrics and energetic, unique vocals screams alternative. Thus, it makes perfect sense that a certain redheaded, Strange Music artist is her guest; you can tell he is at home, using his knifing, rapid-fire flow to conduct business as usual. There is no news on anything larger, but with two big releases in two months, something is definitely in the works; stay tuned for more from this fast riser.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/16/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)