Usually in pop and R&B songs, it’s the male singer trying to calm the woman’s nerves enough to get her into bed. On RyattFienix‘s Don’t Be Shy, the roles have been reversed. Though November debut feature Tattoo Love made it sound like the Supa Hot Beats signee was ready to give up romance for good, she’s evidently had a change of heart, as this freshly-minted promo single finds her dead set on getting with a certain man. Over a minimal, yet sultry beat by label boss Will Power, she urges the object of her affection to let go of his inhibitions, turn off his damn phone and join her between the sheets. Funk Volume‘s Dizzy Wright doesn’t need to be asked twice, judging by the freaky guest 16 he delivers on the back. Has Fienix won you over with this alluring jam? Then stay tuned. Don’t Be Shy isn’t attached to a larger forthcoming project, but we’ll keep you posted on the singer’s 2014 plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 01/15/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Tattoo Love" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)