Usually in pop and R&B songs, it’s the male singer trying to calm the woman’s nerves enough to get her into bed. On RyattFienix‘s Don’t Be Shy, the roles have been reversed. Though November debut feature Tattoo Love made it sound like the Supa Hot Beats signee was ready to give up romance for good, she’s evidently had a change of heart, as this freshly-minted promo single finds her dead set on getting with a certain man. Over a minimal, yet sultry beat by label boss Will Power, she urges the object of her affection to let go of his inhibitions, turn off his damn phone and join her between the sheets. Funk Volume‘s Dizzy Wright doesn’t need to be asked twice, judging by the freaky guest 16 he delivers on the back. Has Fienix won you over with this alluring jam? Then stay tuned. Don’t Be Shy isn’t attached to a larger forthcoming project, but we’ll keep you posted on the singer’s 2014 plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 01/15/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.