The DJBooth ain’t just about hip-hop. If there is something dope that teeters on the edge of urban music, we will be happy to feature it. As far as I know, though, we’ve never featured a borderline country record… until Ryan McDermott’s Wicked Sandman. The G.O.O.D Music signee’s latest single ain’t exactly Garth Brooks, but the distorted, gritty guitar in the beat (courtesy of Ryan himself and co-producer Nkenge) and the artist’s slightly nasal, slurred vocals give it a country flavor, testing our conventional genre wisdom. The Sandman (Perhaps the wicked one from the title?) takes a more hip hop-informed approach on the guest tip, employing a studio-tweaked flow with a chopped-n-screwed feel. Wicked Sandman is the third entry in McDermott’s ongoing #FeelGOODMusic series.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/25/13
Submit your Rating
G.O.O.D. Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.