The DJBooth ain’t just about hip-hop. If there is something dope that teeters on the edge of urban music, we will be happy to feature it. As far as I know, though, we’ve never featured a borderline country record… until Ryan McDermott’s Wicked Sandman. The G.O.O.D Music signee’s latest single ain’t exactly Garth Brooks, but the distorted, gritty guitar in the beat (courtesy of Ryan himself and co-producer Nkenge) and the artist’s slightly nasal, slurred vocals give it a country flavor, testing our conventional genre wisdom. The Sandman (Perhaps the wicked one from the title?) takes a more hip hop-informed approach on the guest tip, employing a studio-tweaked flow with a chopped-n-screwed feel. Wicked Sandman is the third entry in McDermott’s ongoing #FeelGOODMusic series.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/25/13
Submit your Rating
G.O.O.D. Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.