The DJBooth ain’t just about hip-hop. If there is something dope that teeters on the edge of urban music, we will be happy to feature it. As far as I know, though, we’ve never featured a borderline country record… until Ryan McDermott’s Wicked Sandman. The G.O.O.D Music signee’s latest single ain’t exactly Garth Brooks, but the distorted, gritty guitar in the beat (courtesy of Ryan himself and co-producer Nkenge) and the artist’s slightly nasal, slurred vocals give it a country flavor, testing our conventional genre wisdom. The Sandman (Perhaps the wicked one from the title?) takes a more hip hop-informed approach on the guest tip, employing a studio-tweaked flow with a chopped-n-screwed feel. Wicked Sandman is the third entry in McDermott’s ongoing #FeelGOODMusic series.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/25/13
Submit your Rating
G.O.O.D. Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.