The DJBooth ain’t just about hip-hop. If there is something dope that teeters on the edge of urban music, we will be happy to feature it. As far as I know, though, we’ve never featured a borderline country record… until Ryan McDermott’s Wicked Sandman. The G.O.O.D Music signee’s latest single ain’t exactly Garth Brooks, but the distorted, gritty guitar in the beat (courtesy of Ryan himself and co-producer Nkenge) and the artist’s slightly nasal, slurred vocals give it a country flavor, testing our conventional genre wisdom. The Sandman (Perhaps the wicked one from the title?) takes a more hip hop-informed approach on the guest tip, employing a studio-tweaked flow with a chopped-n-screwed feel. Wicked Sandman is the third entry in McDermott’s ongoing #FeelGOODMusic series.
G.O.O.D. Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.