A singer, songwriter and producer who’s penned records for such musical luminaries as Earth, Wind and Fire, Ryan McDermott recently added his name to the G.O.O.D. Music roster. On new single Paradise, his first release via his new label home, McDermott gives us a foretaste of the creativity and versatility that caught Kanye‘s
eye ear. Backed by his boardwork, a catchy yet ominous mix of ‘80-inspired synths and plodding percussion, the artist exhibits a unique, reedy vocal presence and a cryptic lyrical sensibility. Darren Romanelli directs the official video, depicting McDermott parting ways with a significant other under mysterious circumstances. Intrigued? Then keep it locked for the latest news and tunes leading up to the currently-unscheduled release of debut mixtape Ryan vs The Sandman: The Tale of the Sleepwalkers.
Written by richard on 11/12/12
Submit your Rating
G.O.O.D. Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.