Update: We have added the Christian Padron-directed visuals for Ryan McDermott’s OXYGEN.
When people claim they “can’t live without” a significant other, I usually take it as hyperbole. For G.O.O.D. Music signee Ryan McDermott, though, it doesn’t seem to be an exaggeration. As he explains on the latest installment of #FeelGOODMusic, his girl was as precious to him to him as OXYGEN—so when a former homie stole her away, it felt like the air was being sucked right out of his lungs. (If you’re about to object that singing requires oxygen, you might be overthinking things.) As the artist mourns the loss of the woman he loves, his own production slowly builds from a handful of spare piano chords to a pulsing electronic climax. Booth newcomer Arkitekt lends his flow to the record’s final verse. Are you feeling McDermott’s latest effort? Then keep it locked to the Booth for further entries in his weekly series, which will culminate in the release of new mixtape Ryan vs. The Sandman: The Tale of the Sleepwalkers.
Written by richard on 01/17/14
Submit your Rating
G.O.O.D. Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.