Last week, G.O.O.D. Music recording artist Ryan McDermott kicked off his #FeelGOODMusic series with the Booth-approved Overflow. Whereas that cut, an upbeat bedroom burner, drew on the title’s readily-apparent sexual connotations, its newly-released sequel is more spiritual in tone. Over his own halting guitar, horn and bell harmonies, he delivers lines that could as easily be addressed to a higher power as an earthly love interest: “My cup’s half full, but it’s still halfway / So what do you think of sparing some of that healing rain?” In keeping with the theme of baptism and rebirth, the record undergoes a dramatic transformation on the back, as McDermott’s rhythmically-complex production dissolves into a wash of ethereal synth arpeggios. Does this innovative cut leave you craving more? Then stay tuned for further entries in the artist’s weekly series, which will culminate in the release of his new album, Ryan vs. the Sandman: The Tale of the Sleepwalkers.
Written by richard on 09/18/13
Submit your Rating
G.O.O.D. Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.