Last week, G.O.O.D. Music recording artist Ryan McDermott kicked off his #FeelGOODMusic series with the Booth-approved Overflow. Whereas that cut, an upbeat bedroom burner, drew on the title’s readily-apparent sexual connotations, its newly-released sequel is more spiritual in tone. Over his own halting guitar, horn and bell harmonies, he delivers lines that could as easily be addressed to a higher power as an earthly love interest: “My cup’s half full, but it’s still halfway / So what do you think of sparing some of that healing rain?” In keeping with the theme of baptism and rebirth, the record undergoes a dramatic transformation on the back, as McDermott’s rhythmically-complex production dissolves into a wash of ethereal synth arpeggios. Does this innovative cut leave you craving more? Then stay tuned for further entries in the artist’s weekly series, which will culminate in the release of his new album, Ryan vs. the Sandman: The Tale of the Sleepwalkers.
Written by richard on 09/18/13
Submit your Rating
G.O.O.D. Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.