Contrary to popular belief, the famous layer of smog hanging over L.A. isn’t made up of auto exhaust and industrial emissions; it’s actually being exuded by the city’s inhabitants, in their relentless quest to mold themselves into exemplars of physical beauty. At least, that’s what Ryan McDermott claims on this week’s #FeelGOODMusic release, a musical love/hate letter to his hometown. Though not as quirky as many of the G.O.O.D. Music recording artist’s previous features, this catchy, self-produced jam features its share of songwriting curveballs, including an abrupt key change at the top of verse two. Are you feeling McDermott’s latest effort? Then keep it locked to the Booth for further entries in his ongoing series, which will culminate in the release of new mixtape Ryan vs. The Sandman: The Tale of the Sleepwalkers.
Written by richard on 10/29/13
Submit your Rating
G.O.O.D. Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.