Contrary to popular belief, the famous layer of smog hanging over L.A. isn’t made up of auto exhaust and industrial emissions; it’s actually being exuded by the city’s inhabitants, in their relentless quest to mold themselves into exemplars of physical beauty. At least, that’s what Ryan McDermott claims on this week’s #FeelGOODMusic release, a musical love/hate letter to his hometown. Though not as quirky as many of the G.O.O.D. Music recording artist’s previous features, this catchy, self-produced jam features its share of songwriting curveballs, including an abrupt key change at the top of verse two. Are you feeling McDermott’s latest effort? Then keep it locked to the Booth for further entries in his ongoing series, which will culminate in the release of new mixtape Ryan vs. The Sandman: The Tale of the Sleepwalkers.
Written by richard on 10/29/13
Submit your Rating
G.O.O.D. Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.