Contrary to popular belief, the famous layer of smog hanging over L.A. isn’t made up of auto exhaust and industrial emissions; it’s actually being exuded by the city’s inhabitants, in their relentless quest to mold themselves into exemplars of physical beauty. At least, that’s what Ryan McDermott claims on this week’s #FeelGOODMusic release, a musical love/hate letter to his hometown. Though not as quirky as many of the G.O.O.D. Music recording artist’s previous features, this catchy, self-produced jam features its share of songwriting curveballs, including an abrupt key change at the top of verse two. Are you feeling McDermott’s latest effort? Then keep it locked to the Booth for further entries in his ongoing series, which will culminate in the release of new mixtape Ryan vs. The Sandman: The Tale of the Sleepwalkers.
Written by richard on 10/29/13
Submit your Rating
G.O.O.D. Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.