Contrary to popular belief, the famous layer of smog hanging over L.A. isn’t made up of auto exhaust and industrial emissions; it’s actually being exuded by the city’s inhabitants, in their relentless quest to mold themselves into exemplars of physical beauty. At least, that’s what Ryan McDermott claims on this week’s #FeelGOODMusic release, a musical love/hate letter to his hometown. Though not as quirky as many of the G.O.O.D. Music recording artist’s previous features, this catchy, self-produced jam features its share of songwriting curveballs, including an abrupt key change at the top of verse two. Are you feeling McDermott’s latest effort? Then keep it locked to the Booth for further entries in his ongoing series, which will culminate in the release of new mixtape Ryan vs. The Sandman: The Tale of the Sleepwalkers.
Written by richard on 10/29/13
Submit your Rating
G.O.O.D. Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.