Ryan McDermott, the G.O.O.D. Music-signed singer/beatsmith who introduced himself to our pages with November’s reader-approved Paradise, is back to feed his hungry fanbase with freshly-released promo single Joy. As before, the artist handles both vocal and production duties, lacing his own expansive, 12/8 beat with verses dedicated to the woman he’s been looking for all his life. Fresh off stepping into the Booth with club-ready single T.U., Interscope rapper/producer Hit-Boy lends his flow to the record’s final verse. Joy isn’t part of a larger project, but those feeling it can keep it locked for the latest on Ryan McDermott’s Ryan vs. The Sandman: The Tale of the Sleepwalkers LP, scheduled for release later this year.
Written by richard on 03/3/13
Submit your Rating
G.O.O.D. Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.