Ryan McDermott, the G.O.O.D. Music-signed singer/beatsmith who introduced himself to our pages with November’s reader-approved Paradise, is back to feed his hungry fanbase with freshly-released promo single Joy. As before, the artist handles both vocal and production duties, lacing his own expansive, 12/8 beat with verses dedicated to the woman he’s been looking for all his life. Fresh off stepping into the Booth with club-ready single T.U., Interscope rapper/producer Hit-Boy lends his flow to the record’s final verse. Joy isn’t part of a larger project, but those feeling it can keep it locked for the latest on Ryan McDermott’s Ryan vs. The Sandman: The Tale of the Sleepwalkers LP, scheduled for release later this year.
Written by richard on 03/3/13
Submit your Rating
G.O.O.D. Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.