Though it took several years for Ryan Leslie to finally release his self-titled debut album, the singer/producer/songwriter extraordinaire is on the verge of doubling up just nine months later. After treating us to single You’re Not My Girl and mixshow-favorite Something That I Like, the Booth is proud to present the not-quite-yet-a-single Zodiac, a track grounded by a pounding bass line that Leslie contrasts with a near-falsetto approach, letting his vocals soar above the production while he lyrically expounds on the astrological implications of his sex life. Think of it like a more danceable version of Tyrese’s Signs of Love Making. Leslie’s upcoming album Transition is only days away – he assures us it will drop November 3. In the meantime, be sure to check out DJBooth’s exclusive preview of the album.
Listen to More: Ryan Leslie
Written by Nathan S. on 10/25/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Way You Move Girl" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.