Though it took several years for Ryan Leslie to finally release his self-titled debut album, the singer/producer/songwriter extraordinaire is on the verge of doubling up just nine months later. After treating us to single You’re Not My Girl and mixshow-favorite Something That I Like, the Booth is proud to present the not-quite-yet-a-single Zodiac, a track grounded by a pounding bass line that Leslie contrasts with a near-falsetto approach, letting his vocals soar above the production while he lyrically expounds on the astrological implications of his sex life. Think of it like a more danceable version of Tyrese’s Signs of Love Making. Leslie’s upcoming album Transition is only days away – he assures us it will drop November 3. In the meantime, be sure to check out DJBooth’s exclusive preview of the album.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/25/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Way You Move Girl" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.