Though it took several years for Ryan Leslie to finally release his self-titled debut album, the singer/producer/songwriter extraordinaire is on the verge of doubling up just nine months later. After treating us to single You’re Not My Girl and mixshow-favorite Something That I Like, the Booth is proud to present the not-quite-yet-a-single Zodiac, a track grounded by a pounding bass line that Leslie contrasts with a near-falsetto approach, letting his vocals soar above the production while he lyrically expounds on the astrological implications of his sex life. Think of it like a more danceable version of Tyrese’s Signs of Love Making. Leslie’s upcoming album Transition is only days away – he assures us it will drop November 3. In the meantime, be sure to check out DJBooth’s exclusive preview of the album.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/25/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Way You Move Girl" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.