Though it took several years for Ryan Leslie to finally release his self-titled debut album, the singer/producer/songwriter extraordinaire is on the verge of doubling up just nine months later. After treating us to single You’re Not My Girl and mixshow-favorite Something That I Like, the Booth is proud to present the not-quite-yet-a-single Zodiac, a track grounded by a pounding bass line that Leslie contrasts with a near-falsetto approach, letting his vocals soar above the production while he lyrically expounds on the astrological implications of his sex life. Think of it like a more danceable version of Tyrese’s Signs of Love Making. Leslie’s upcoming album Transition is only days away – he assures us it will drop November 3. In the meantime, be sure to check out DJBooth’s exclusive preview of the album.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/25/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Way You Move Girl" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.