Though it took several years for Ryan Leslie to finally release his self-titled debut album, the singer/producer/songwriter extraordinaire is on the verge of doubling up just nine months later. After treating us to single You’re Not My Girl and mixshow-favorite Something That I Like, the Booth is proud to present the not-quite-yet-a-single Zodiac, a track grounded by a pounding bass line that Leslie contrasts with a near-falsetto approach, letting his vocals soar above the production while he lyrically expounds on the astrological implications of his sex life. Think of it like a more danceable version of Tyrese’s Signs of Love Making. Leslie’s upcoming album Transition is only days away – he assures us it will drop November 3. In the meantime, be sure to check out DJBooth’s exclusive preview of the album.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/25/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Way You Move Girl" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.