Despite being hard at work for over three years on his solo debut (which he alluded to during his first of two DJBooth interviews), Ryan Leslie has repeatedly stated that he is in no rush to release the album. With a new tentative release date of February 2009, R-Les follows up prior semi-hits Diamond Girl and Addiction with a record that finds him broken up over the woman he has likely been singing about. Still, Ryan is holding out hope that one day she sees How It Was Supposed To Be and considers giving him a second chance. Sung, written, and produced entirely by Leslie, How It Was Supposed To Be should pick up heavy steam, just like the previous two tracks– unlike its predecessors, however, it may actually lead to the album’s release.
Written by Burmy on 10/30/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Way You Move Girl" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.