Despite being hard at work for over three years on his solo debut (which he alluded to during his first of two DJBooth interviews), Ryan Leslie has repeatedly stated that he is in no rush to release the album. With a new tentative release date of February 2009, R-Les follows up prior semi-hits Diamond Girl and Addiction with a record that finds him broken up over the woman he has likely been singing about. Still, Ryan is holding out hope that one day she sees How It Was Supposed To Be and considers giving him a second chance. Sung, written, and produced entirely by Leslie, How It Was Supposed To Be should pick up heavy steam, just like the previous two tracks– unlike its predecessors, however, it may actually lead to the album’s release.
Written by Burmy on 10/30/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Way You Move Girl" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.