After wrapping up his new self-titled debut and turning it in to his label, Universal Motown, Ryan Leslie decided that he wasn’t done recording. After several studios sessions post-completion, Leslie concocted Addiction; a collaboration with his own NextSelection artist, Cassie. After receiving overwhelmingly positive feedback on the record, Leslie made the decision to hold off on releasing his debut (originally scheduled for release in June) until later this August. Now, as the single begins to get a strong push at radio, Fabolous, a long-time industry friend of Leslie’s, has jumped on an official remix. As both a businessman and musician, R. Les’ has a true grasp on how to make hit records.
Written by DJ Z on 05/18/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Way You Move Girl" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.