After wrapping up his new self-titled debut and turning it in to his label, Universal Motown, Ryan Leslie decided that he wasn’t done recording. After several studios sessions post-completion, Leslie concocted Addiction; a collaboration with his own NextSelection artist, Cassie. After receiving overwhelmingly positive feedback on the record, Leslie made the decision to hold off on releasing his debut (originally scheduled for release in June) until later this August. Now, as the single begins to get a strong push at radio, Fabolous, a long-time industry friend of Leslie’s, has jumped on an official remix. As both a businessman and musician, R. Les’ has a true grasp on how to make hit records.
Written by DJ Z on 05/18/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Way You Move Girl" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)