After wrapping up his new self-titled debut and turning it in to his label, Universal Motown, Ryan Leslie decided that he wasn’t done recording. After several studios sessions post-completion, Leslie concocted Addiction; a collaboration with his own NextSelection artist, Cassie. After receiving overwhelmingly positive feedback on the record, Leslie made the decision to hold off on releasing his debut (originally scheduled for release in June) until later this August. Now, as the single begins to get a strong push at radio, Fabolous, a long-time industry friend of Leslie’s, has jumped on an official remix. As both a businessman and musician, R. Les’ has a true grasp on how to make hit records.
Written by DJ Z on 05/18/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Way You Move Girl" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.