After wrapping up his new self-titled debut and turning it in to his label, Universal Motown, Ryan Leslie decided that he wasn’t done recording. After several studios sessions post-completion, Leslie concocted Addiction; a collaboration with his own NextSelection artist, Cassie. After receiving overwhelmingly positive feedback on the record, Leslie made the decision to hold off on releasing his debut (originally scheduled for release in June) until later this August. Now, as the single begins to get a strong push at radio, Fabolous, a long-time industry friend of Leslie’s, has jumped on an official remix. As both a businessman and musician, R. Les’ has a true grasp on how to make hit records.
Written by DJ Z on 05/18/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Way You Move Girl" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.