In 1973 Seals & Crofts released their smash pop single, Diamond Girl; 34 years later Ryan Leslie has released a single of the same name. What are the differences? Well, for starters, Ryan doesn’t dress like a hippy. And of course, only one version of Diamond Girl can be heard over the speakers at a club. Whether he is hard at work on Cassie’s sophomore album or lending his talents to a countless number of A-list artists who seek his production expertise, Leslie is always working. To find a ‘diamond girl’ you must have the funds; to keep a ‘diamond girl’ you must have the time. Though Ryan might be out of luck there, the upside to his predicament is well worth the struggle.
Written by DJ Z on 10/14/07
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Way You Move Girl" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)