In 1973 Seals & Crofts released their smash pop single, Diamond Girl; 34 years later Ryan Leslie has released a single of the same name. What are the differences? Well, for starters, Ryan doesn’t dress like a hippy. And of course, only one version of Diamond Girl can be heard over the speakers at a club. Whether he is hard at work on Cassie’s sophomore album or lending his talents to a countless number of A-list artists who seek his production expertise, Leslie is always working. To find a ‘diamond girl’ you must have the funds; to keep a ‘diamond girl’ you must have the time. Though Ryan might be out of luck there, the upside to his predicament is well worth the struggle.
Written by DJ Z on 10/14/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Way You Move Girl" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.