In 1973 Seals & Crofts released their smash pop single, Diamond Girl; 34 years later Ryan Leslie has released a single of the same name. What are the differences? Well, for starters, Ryan doesn’t dress like a hippy. And of course, only one version of Diamond Girl can be heard over the speakers at a club. Whether he is hard at work on Cassie’s sophomore album or lending his talents to a countless number of A-list artists who seek his production expertise, Leslie is always working. To find a ‘diamond girl’ you must have the funds; to keep a ‘diamond girl’ you must have the time. Though Ryan might be out of luck there, the upside to his predicament is well worth the struggle.
Written by DJ Z on 10/14/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Way You Move Girl" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.