In 1973 Seals & Crofts released their smash pop single, Diamond Girl; 34 years later Ryan Leslie has released a single of the same name. What are the differences? Well, for starters, Ryan doesn’t dress like a hippy. And of course, only one version of Diamond Girl can be heard over the speakers at a club. Whether he is hard at work on Cassie’s sophomore album or lending his talents to a countless number of A-list artists who seek his production expertise, Leslie is always working. To find a ‘diamond girl’ you must have the funds; to keep a ‘diamond girl’ you must have the time. Though Ryan might be out of luck there, the upside to his predicament is well worth the struggle.
Written by DJ Z on 10/14/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Way You Move Girl" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)