Just three months after (finally) dropping his third album, Les Is More, Ryan Leslie has buckled down to work on the follow-up. Carnival of Venice, the latest single off the NextSelection general’s next project, carries on many of the trends of his recent work—high rolling, globe-trotting themes, rapped rather than sung vocals—while transplanting R-Les from his usual, smoothed-out aural environment into a slightly grittier milieu. Booth-acclaimed producer !llmind backs the artist’s chronicles of the fast life with an inspired mix of percussion, grainy synth-bass and choral vocals. Black Mozart is scheduled for release in the near future; in the meantime, fans can stay tuned to The DJBooth for further song releases off the forthcoming set.
Written by richard on 01/29/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Way You Move Girl" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.