Just three months after (finally) dropping his third album, Les Is More, Ryan Leslie has buckled down to work on the follow-up. Carnival of Venice, the latest single off the NextSelection general’s next project, carries on many of the trends of his recent work—high rolling, globe-trotting themes, rapped rather than sung vocals—while transplanting R-Les from his usual, smoothed-out aural environment into a slightly grittier milieu. Booth-acclaimed producer !llmind backs the artist’s chronicles of the fast life with an inspired mix of percussion, grainy synth-bass and choral vocals. Black Mozart is scheduled for release in the near future; in the meantime, fans can stay tuned to The DJBooth for further song releases off the forthcoming set.
Written by richard on 01/29/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Way You Move Girl" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.