Just three months after (finally) dropping his third album, Les Is More, Ryan Leslie has buckled down to work on the follow-up. Carnival of Venice, the latest single off the NextSelection general’s next project, carries on many of the trends of his recent work—high rolling, globe-trotting themes, rapped rather than sung vocals—while transplanting R-Les from his usual, smoothed-out aural environment into a slightly grittier milieu. Booth-acclaimed producer !llmind backs the artist’s chronicles of the fast life with an inspired mix of percussion, grainy synth-bass and choral vocals. Black Mozart is scheduled for release in the near future; in the meantime, fans can stay tuned to The DJBooth for further song releases off the forthcoming set.
Written by richard on 01/29/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Way You Move Girl" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.