Just three months after (finally) dropping his third album, Les Is More, Ryan Leslie has buckled down to work on the follow-up. Carnival of Venice, the latest single off the NextSelection general’s next project, carries on many of the trends of his recent work—high rolling, globe-trotting themes, rapped rather than sung vocals—while transplanting R-Les from his usual, smoothed-out aural environment into a slightly grittier milieu. Booth-acclaimed producer !llmind backs the artist’s chronicles of the fast life with an inspired mix of percussion, grainy synth-bass and choral vocals. Black Mozart is scheduled for release in the near future; in the meantime, fans can stay tuned to The DJBooth for further song releases off the forthcoming set.
Written by richard on 01/29/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Way You Move Girl" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.