Just three months after (finally) dropping his third album, Les Is More, Ryan Leslie has buckled down to work on the follow-up. Carnival of Venice, the latest single off the NextSelection general’s next project, carries on many of the trends of his recent work—high rolling, globe-trotting themes, rapped rather than sung vocals—while transplanting R-Les from his usual, smoothed-out aural environment into a slightly grittier milieu. Booth-acclaimed producer !llmind backs the artist’s chronicles of the fast life with an inspired mix of percussion, grainy synth-bass and choral vocals. Black Mozart is scheduled for release in the near future; in the meantime, fans can stay tuned to The DJBooth for further song releases off the forthcoming set.
Written by richard on 01/29/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Way You Move Girl" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)