A Memphis buzzmaker and a member of local art collective Artesmisia, Booth newcomer Ryan J. Barber gives listeners a glimpse into his psyche on newly-released mixtape single In My Mind. Here, beatsmith Riddle flips a sample from Heather Hadley’s 2005 rendition of Shannon Sanders’ 1999 cut of the same title into a soulful backdrop for the up-and-coming emcee’s poignant post-breakup meditations. For more, check out Barber’s latest street album, Live From: The Basement III, available online as of March 16.
Written by richard on 05/18/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Childish Gambino - STN MTN
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 4 EP
- One Song to Prove Big Sean is a Dope Rapper (Really)
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.