A Memphis buzzmaker and a member of local art collective Artesmisia, Booth newcomer Ryan J. Barber gives listeners a glimpse into his psyche on newly-released mixtape single In My Mind. Here, beatsmith Riddle flips a sample from Heather Hadley’s 2005 rendition of Shannon Sanders’ 1999 cut of the same title into a soulful backdrop for the up-and-coming emcee’s poignant post-breakup meditations. For more, check out Barber’s latest street album, Live From: The Basement III, available online as of March 16.
Written by richard on 05/18/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.