A Memphis buzzmaker and a member of local art collective Artesmisia, Booth newcomer Ryan J. Barber gives listeners a glimpse into his psyche on newly-released mixtape single In My Mind. Here, beatsmith Riddle flips a sample from Heather Hadley’s 2005 rendition of Shannon Sanders’ 1999 cut of the same title into a soulful backdrop for the up-and-coming emcee’s poignant post-breakup meditations. For more, check out Barber’s latest street album, Live From: The Basement III, available online as of March 16.
Written by richard on 05/18/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.