A Memphis buzzmaker and a member of local art collective Artesmisia, Booth newcomer Ryan J. Barber gives listeners a glimpse into his psyche on newly-released mixtape single In My Mind. Here, beatsmith Riddle flips a sample from Heather Hadley’s 2005 rendition of Shannon Sanders’ 1999 cut of the same title into a soulful backdrop for the up-and-coming emcee’s poignant post-breakup meditations. For more, check out Barber’s latest street album, Live From: The Basement III, available online as of March 16.
Written by richard on 05/18/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.