A buzzmaking producer who calls Glasgow home, Rustie makes his first headlining appearance in the Booth with Attak, a single recently premiered as Zane Lowe‘s “Hottest Record” on BBC Radio 1. Previously heard spitting over the Scottish beatsmith’s boardwork on January’s Side B (Old), Danny Brown handles mic duties on this joint. To back the Motown phenom’s raucous bars, Rustie crafts a grimy beat dominated by synth wails and jackhammering trap percussion. Fans will be able to find Attak and much more on Rustie’s sophomore LP, Green Language, dropping August 26 via Warp Records.
Written by richard on 07/25/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.