You’d think that a creature as slow-moving, mindless, inarticulate and unfashionable as the zombie would be an unlikely role model for a rapper. On the other hand, you can’t expect to leave such a tempting bandwagon unattended without some enterprising emcee jumping in. Thus, we have Ruste Juxx’ The Walking Dead, a blood-spattered hip-hop tribute to the monster popularized by George Romero, and recently brought into the spotlight thanks to the AMC series of the same name. Not to be left out of the shambling, flesh-eating fun, Ill Bill, Guilty Simpson and Shabaam Sahdeeq grab the mic to deliver aggressive guest bars over project producer The Arcitype‘s sinister beat. For more from the BK rapper and his behind-the-boards partner, grab a copy of V.I.C. when it drops Sept 25, via AR Classic Records/Duck Down Music Inc..
Written by richard on 08/23/12
Submit your Rating
AR Classic Records/Duck Down Music Inc
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.