Last month’s We Should All Burn Together, the final single (to date) off Russ‘s DJBooth-featured Pink Elephants tape, was an acoustic guitar-driven ballad with a tranquil, breezy feel. The lead single off his next full-length, Murder Me, is a much pricklier affair. The artist’s own production, which samples the eerie harpsichord intro to Beatles classic Because, sets the stage for defiant, often morbid lyrical reflections from the DIEMON signee. Already trippy and hallucinatory in tone, his bars take a turn for the spiritual on the back: “I’ve met God a lot but I’ve never met Jesus / I even met the devil and kicked it with him on some G sh*t.” The hook borrows a line from 2Pac‘s seminal ‘97 jam, Cause I Had To. Labelmate Bugus‘s official visuals round out the package. Brain Dead is scheduled for independent release on Tuesday, March 23. In the meantime, of course, fans can keep it locked to The DJBooth for the latest singles.
Written by richard on 03/14/14
Two months ago he let the Pink Elephant out of the bag, but that wasn't Russ' only act. No, the DIEMON artist and producer is back, having unleashed Brain Dead, his second full-length project of the new year. Led by...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.