Festival season is in full swing with the passing of Coachella, and that means everyone is breaking out their “Have you seen Molly?” t-shirts. But for Atlanta emcee/producer Russ, it’s all about Lucy. In a new single that comes accompanied by a trippy visual directed by his label crew, DIEMON, Russ sings of a love for a girl that feels so familiar and gives him the cleanest, best kind of high that no other substance could possibly offer. At least I think it’s about a girl. Behind the boards Russ adds some reverb to his vocals that act as a distorted instrument, creating a track perfect for mentally wandering around. Just as the staccato melody and drums are about to take you away into the sky, a Bullfrog-like bass brings you back to Earth. Lucy can be found on the versatile artist’s outstanding new album, Brain Dead, which is available for free download and stream as of late March.
Written by Bryan H on 04/24/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.