Last Friday, we heard DIEMON Records emcee/producer Russ bid a treacherous woman adieu on Goodbye, a reader-approved cut off his forthcoming mixtape. Fast-forward three days, and his anger has faded into sorrow and regret. On the newly-released Devil in Her Heart, the artist offers a more melancholy, less vituperative perspective on his last relationship, flowing over his own stark, sample-laced boardwork (capped off with a snippet from The Beatles’ cut of the same name). Be that as it may, there’s still a strong undercurrent of venom in his bars; on the front, he snarls, “I guess I’m wounded, but f*ck that sh*t ‘cause you lost out / I’m winnin’, f*ck you doin’?” For more musical reflections on life, rap and relationships, check out Russ’s Pink Elephant LP, dropping Wednesday (1/23) via The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 01/20/14
Buzzmaking rapper and producer Russ has unleashed his latest digital full-length, Pink Elephant. The project chronicles the end of the artist's relationship with Paola Pretti, the title character from track 10 off the...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.