Love may be priceless, but Sin Pays the Bills. As such, Booth newcomer Rush Davis has chosen to base his life around the latter: “That’s my religion: cash, bottles and b**tches.” On his debut single and first DJBooth feature, the Los Angeles-based singer/songwriter describes a woman who gives him a run for his money where vice is concerned. Though people say she ain’t livin’ right, Davies can’t help but admire the “trill life” she leads. Beatsmith Luke Walker backs his silky, reverberant vocals with an atmospheric mix of keys, looped guitar arpeggios and trap-infused percussion. No less a musical authority than Lionel Richie has described Rush as a “once every 20 year talent.” Agree with his assessment? Then keep it locked. While the artist doesn’t have a title or release date announced, he’s currently wrapping up a new EP and is in the studio with Scarface, laying down vocals for the H-Town vet’s next album.
Written by richard on 03/28/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thousand Springs" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)