Love may be priceless, but Sin Pays the Bills. As such, Booth newcomer Rush Davis has chosen to base his life around the latter: “That’s my religion: cash, bottles and b**tches.” On his debut single and first DJBooth feature, the Los Angeles-based singer/songwriter describes a woman who gives him a run for his money where vice is concerned. Though people say she ain’t livin’ right, Davies can’t help but admire the “trill life” she leads. Beatsmith Luke Walker backs his silky, reverberant vocals with an atmospheric mix of keys, looped guitar arpeggios and trap-infused percussion. No less a musical authority than Lionel Richie has described Rush as a “once every 20 year talent.” Agree with his assessment? Then keep it locked. While the artist doesn’t have a title or release date announced, he’s currently wrapping up a new EP and is in the studio with Scarface, laying down vocals for the H-Town vet’s next album.
Written by richard on 03/28/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thousand Springs" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.