If you’re gonna create a self-titled song, you’d better come correct—that is, unless you want a piece of hot garbage to be associated with your name for all eternity. El-P and Killer Mike of Run the Jewels are in no danger of that fate, as the eponymous track off their (also eponymous) debut album manages to encapsulate everything that makes the underground duo great. To accompany the cut, which finds the collaborators trading rapid-fire verses over a menacing El-P production, director RUFFMERCY and animator Patch Keyes create some stylish, blood-spattered official visuals. Like what you’re hearing? On the off chance you still haven’t copped the twosome’s freshman set, it’s available now wherever fine music is sold. Otherwise, sit tight and we’ll keep you posted on their plans.
Written by richard on 03/5/14
Rapper/producer and Def Jux CEO El-P has rejoined forces with veteran ATL rhymesayer Killer Mike to craft a new collaborative full-length. The duo's self-titled debut as Run The Jewels, the project is the follow-up to 2012's...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get It" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.