If you’re gonna create a self-titled song, you’d better come correct—that is, unless you want a piece of hot garbage to be associated with your name for all eternity. El-P and Killer Mike of Run the Jewels are in no danger of that fate, as the eponymous track off their (also eponymous) debut album manages to encapsulate everything that makes the underground duo great. To accompany the cut, which finds the collaborators trading rapid-fire verses over a menacing El-P production, director RUFFMERCY and animator Patch Keyes create some stylish, blood-spattered official visuals. Like what you’re hearing? On the off chance you still haven’t copped the twosome’s freshman set, it’s available now wherever fine music is sold. Otherwise, sit tight and we’ll keep you posted on their plans.
Written by richard on 03/5/14
Submit your Rating
Mass Appeal Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get It" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.