If you’re gonna create a self-titled song, you’d better come correct—that is, unless you want a piece of hot garbage to be associated with your name for all eternity. El-P and Killer Mike of Run the Jewels are in no danger of that fate, as the eponymous track off their (also eponymous) debut album manages to encapsulate everything that makes the underground duo great. To accompany the cut, which finds the collaborators trading rapid-fire verses over a menacing El-P production, director RUFFMERCY and animator Patch Keyes create some stylish, blood-spattered official visuals. Like what you’re hearing? On the off chance you still haven’t copped the twosome’s freshman set, it’s available now wherever fine music is sold. Otherwise, sit tight and we’ll keep you posted on their plans.
Written by richard on 03/5/14
Submit your Rating
Mass Appeal Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get It" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.