Some guns go “bang bang;” others are more like “brrrap.” Killer Mike and El-P of Run The Jewels are apparently packing lasers because, on the first feature of 2014, their nines go “Pew Pew Pew.” In any case, the twosome’s artillery most definitely hits home on their latest feature, a bonus cut off the deluxe UK version of their studio debut. Here, grimy sci-fi synths collide with old-school cuts and scratches (the latter courtesy of DJ Q-Bert) as El Producto and his partner-in-rhyme prove that words can hurt every bit as much as sticks or stones. After hearing Run the Jewels annihilate their competition, are you craving more? In addition to copping the duo’s self-titled LP (if you haven’t already), you can watch our pages for the latest on their plans, both individually and on the collaborative tip.
Written by richard on 01/2/14
Rapper/producer and Def Jux CEO El-P has rejoined forces with veteran ATL rhymesayer Killer Mike to craft a new collaborative full-length. The duo's self-titled debut as Run The Jewels, the project is the follow-up to 2012's...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get It" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.