Some guns go “bang bang;” others are more like “brrrap.” Killer Mike and El-P of Run The Jewels are apparently packing lasers because, on the first feature of 2014, their nines go “Pew Pew Pew.” In any case, the twosome’s artillery most definitely hits home on their latest feature, a bonus cut off the deluxe UK version of their studio debut. Here, grimy sci-fi synths collide with old-school cuts and scratches (the latter courtesy of DJ Q-Bert) as El Producto and his partner-in-rhyme prove that words can hurt every bit as much as sticks or stones. After hearing Run the Jewels annihilate their competition, are you craving more? In addition to copping the duo’s self-titled LP (if you haven’t already), you can watch our pages for the latest on their plans, both individually and on the collaborative tip.
Written by richard on 01/2/14
Submit your Rating
Mass Appeal Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get It" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.