Some guns go “bang bang;” others are more like “brrrap.” Killer Mike and El-P of Run The Jewels are apparently packing lasers because, on the first feature of 2014, their nines go “Pew Pew Pew.” In any case, the twosome’s artillery most definitely hits home on their latest feature, a bonus cut off the deluxe UK version of their studio debut. Here, grimy sci-fi synths collide with old-school cuts and scratches (the latter courtesy of DJ Q-Bert) as El Producto and his partner-in-rhyme prove that words can hurt every bit as much as sticks or stones. After hearing Run the Jewels annihilate their competition, are you craving more? In addition to copping the duo’s self-titled LP (if you haven’t already), you can watch our pages for the latest on their plans, both individually and on the collaborative tip.
Written by richard on 01/2/14
Submit your Rating
Mass Appeal Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get It" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.