Did R.A.P. Music, Killer Mike‘s 2012 full-length with El-P, leave you hungry for more? Then you’ll be happy to hear that, not only do the twosome have another project in the works, but they’ve taken their collaborative relationship to the next level by adopting a collective stage name. Get It, their first effort under the Run the Jewels banner, feels like a natural development of the style showcased in the aforementioned set. This time, though, El Producto handles mic as well as production duties, trading aggressive bars with his ATL-repping partner-in-rhyme over a backdrop of dissonant synths and thinly-sliced vocal samples. This joint is part of a currently-untitled free album, scheduled for release this June (along with unspecified “limited edition items”) via Fools Gold.
Written by richard on 04/30/13
Rapper/producer and Def Jux CEO El-P has rejoined forces with veteran ATL rhymesayer Killer Mike to craft a new collaborative full-length. The duo's self-titled debut as Run The Jewels, the project is the follow-up to 2012's...
Mass Appeal Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Banana Clipper" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)