Did R.A.P. Music, Killer Mike‘s 2012 full-length with El-P, leave you hungry for more? Then you’ll be happy to hear that, not only do the twosome have another project in the works, but they’ve taken their collaborative relationship to the next level by adopting a collective stage name. Get It, their first effort under the Run the Jewels banner, feels like a natural development of the style showcased in the aforementioned set. This time, though, El Producto handles mic as well as production duties, trading aggressive bars with his ATL-repping partner-in-rhyme over a backdrop of dissonant synths and thinly-sliced vocal samples. This joint is part of a currently-untitled free album, scheduled for release this June (along with unspecified “limited edition items”) via Fools Gold.
Written by richard on 04/30/13
Submit your Rating
Mass Appeal Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Banana Clipper" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.