Did R.A.P. Music, Killer Mike‘s 2012 full-length with El-P, leave you hungry for more? Then you’ll be happy to hear that, not only do the twosome have another project in the works, but they’ve taken their collaborative relationship to the next level by adopting a collective stage name. Get It, their first effort under the Run the Jewels banner, feels like a natural development of the style showcased in the aforementioned set. This time, though, El Producto handles mic as well as production duties, trading aggressive bars with his ATL-repping partner-in-rhyme over a backdrop of dissonant synths and thinly-sliced vocal samples. This joint is part of a currently-untitled free album, scheduled for release this June (along with unspecified “limited edition items”) via Fools Gold.
Written by richard on 04/30/13
Submit your Rating
Mass Appeal Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Banana Clipper" (2013)
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.