Did R.A.P. Music, Killer Mike‘s 2012 full-length with El-P, leave you hungry for more? Then you’ll be happy to hear that, not only do the twosome have another project in the works, but they’ve taken their collaborative relationship to the next level by adopting a collective stage name. Get It, their first effort under the Run the Jewels banner, feels like a natural development of the style showcased in the aforementioned set. This time, though, El Producto handles mic as well as production duties, trading aggressive bars with his ATL-repping partner-in-rhyme over a backdrop of dissonant synths and thinly-sliced vocal samples. This joint is part of a currently-untitled free album, scheduled for release this June (along with unspecified “limited edition items”) via Fools Gold.
Written by richard on 04/30/13
Submit your Rating
Mass Appeal Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Banana Clipper" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.