Update: The Trevor Kane-directed visuals for Run The Jewels’ Blockbuster Night (Part 1) single have been added.
These are exciting days for Run The Jewels fans; not only have Killer Mike and El-P just announced their signing to Mass Appeal Records, but they’ve wasted no time in getting a sophomore album on the release calendar. With the project mere months removed from store shelves, the twosome have liberated lead single Blockbuster Night (Part 1). Here, El Producto’s grainy, swung synth-bassline accompanies him and his ATL-repping colleague as they trade bars, both showcasing plenty of grimy wit and bravado on the mic. Featuring guest appearances from Zack de la Rocha, Travis Barker and many more, RTJ2 is slated to drop October 28. In the meantime, of course, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest tunes.
Written by richard on 11/21/14
Submit your Rating
Mass Appeal Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get It" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.