Update: The Trevor Kane-directed visuals for Run The Jewels’ Blockbuster Night (Part 1) single have been added.
These are exciting days for Run The Jewels fans; not only have Killer Mike and El-P just announced their signing to Mass Appeal Records, but they’ve wasted no time in getting a sophomore album on the release calendar. With the project mere months removed from store shelves, the twosome have liberated lead single Blockbuster Night (Part 1). Here, El Producto’s grainy, swung synth-bassline accompanies him and his ATL-repping colleague as they trade bars, both showcasing plenty of grimy wit and bravado on the mic. Featuring guest appearances from Zack de la Rocha, Travis Barker and many more, RTJ2 is slated to drop October 28. In the meantime, of course, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest tunes.
Written by richard on 11/21/14
Submit your Rating
Mass Appeal Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get It" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.