If I’ve said it once I’ve said it a thousand times: to be truly great an artist needs to have at least one bed burning, baby making song. Well it’s good to know that at least one young artist has been listening to my advice, more specifically DJBooth newcomer Rukus and his aptly titled new track Babymakingmusic. An appropriately light track produced by Kid Konnect that heavily utilizes a sample of a softly crooning Maxwell, Babymakingmusic finds Houston native Rukus using his rhymes to implore a female to get less sober and into his bed – if they’re going to make a baby it’s apparently going to be a bit of an accident. Personally I’d rather do my baby making to The-Dream, but as always the final word rests with the Booth. For more occasionally impregnation oriented hip-hop be sure to check out Rukus’ upcoming untitled new album, due out in the spring of 2010, and of course keep it locked to DJBooth.net for all the latest.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/24/09
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.