In the contemporary world of hip-hop, unchecked narcissism is pretty much the status quo. Harlem’s Rugz D. Bewler, however, knows the value of keeping one’s Ego in check. On the latest single off his DJBooth-sponsored Bené tape, the East Coast buzzmaker delivers some real talk on a variety of topics, from his strife-ridden background, to his bright prospects in the game, to the ever-present temptations of women, liquor and drugs. To back his self-assured, yet thoughtful bars, Grand Staff‘s Golden Child serves up a low-key beat centered around a woozy brass loop. Efe Farietta directs the record’s stylish visual accompaniment. Like what you’re hearing? There’s plenty more where this came from; click here to stream and/or download Bewler’s latest street album, released digitally in November.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Right Fist" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.