In the contemporary world of hip-hop, unchecked narcissism is pretty much the status quo. Harlem’s Rugz D. Bewler, however, knows the value of keeping one’s Ego in check. On the latest single off his DJBooth-sponsored Bené tape, the East Coast buzzmaker delivers some real talk on a variety of topics, from his strife-ridden background, to his bright prospects in the game, to the ever-present temptations of women, liquor and drugs. To back his self-assured, yet thoughtful bars, Grand Staff‘s Golden Child serves up a low-key beat centered around a woozy brass loop. Efe Farietta directs the record’s stylish visual accompaniment. Like what you’re hearing? There’s plenty more where this came from; click here to stream and/or download Bewler’s latest street album, released digitally in November.
Written by richard on 12/4/13
Harlem buzzmaker Rugz D. Bewler has come together with The DJBooth to bring listeners his latest mixtape, Bené (Beautiful Extraterrestrial N**ga Eating). The project comprises 12 tracks' worth of original material and...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Right Fist" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.