In the contemporary world of hip-hop, unchecked narcissism is pretty much the status quo. Harlem’s Rugz D. Bewler, however, knows the value of keeping one’s Ego in check. On the latest single off his DJBooth-sponsored Bené tape, the East Coast buzzmaker delivers some real talk on a variety of topics, from his strife-ridden background, to his bright prospects in the game, to the ever-present temptations of women, liquor and drugs. To back his self-assured, yet thoughtful bars, Grand Staff‘s Golden Child serves up a low-key beat centered around a woozy brass loop. Efe Farietta directs the record’s stylish visual accompaniment. Like what you’re hearing? There’s plenty more where this came from; click here to stream and/or download Bewler’s latest street album, released digitally in November.
Written by richard on 12/4/13
Harlem buzzmaker Rugz D. Bewler has come together with The DJBooth to bring listeners his latest mixtape, Bené (Beautiful Extraterrestrial N**ga Eating). The project comprises 12 tracks' worth of original material and...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Right Fist" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)