In the contemporary world of hip-hop, unchecked narcissism is pretty much the status quo. Harlem’s Rugz D. Bewler, however, knows the value of keeping one’s Ego in check. On the latest single off his DJBooth-sponsored Bené tape, the East Coast buzzmaker delivers some real talk on a variety of topics, from his strife-ridden background, to his bright prospects in the game, to the ever-present temptations of women, liquor and drugs. To back his self-assured, yet thoughtful bars, Grand Staff‘s Golden Child serves up a low-key beat centered around a woozy brass loop. Efe Farietta directs the record’s stylish visual accompaniment. Like what you’re hearing? There’s plenty more where this came from; click here to stream and/or download Bewler’s latest street album, released digitally in November.
Written by richard on 12/4/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Right Fist" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.