In the contemporary world of hip-hop, unchecked narcissism is pretty much the status quo. Harlem’s Rugz D. Bewler, however, knows the value of keeping one’s Ego in check. On the latest single off his DJBooth-sponsored Bené tape, the East Coast buzzmaker delivers some real talk on a variety of topics, from his strife-ridden background, to his bright prospects in the game, to the ever-present temptations of women, liquor and drugs. To back his self-assured, yet thoughtful bars, Grand Staff‘s Golden Child serves up a low-key beat centered around a woozy brass loop. Efe Farietta directs the record’s stylish visual accompaniment. Like what you’re hearing? There’s plenty more where this came from; click here to stream and/or download Bewler’s latest street album, released digitally in November.
Written by richard on 12/4/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Right Fist" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.