Mason “Ma$e” Betha is alive and well, but the late-‘90s hitmaker’s long and arduous struggle to escape from his Bad Boy contract seems to have destroyed his interest in a major-label comeback. Incensed at seeing one of his musical idols receive such shoddy treatment, Harlem buzzmaker Rugz D. Bewler is out for revenge on Ghost of Betha, a fresh song release off his next studio album. In cool, calculating verses, the Bad Man’s World emcee states his intent to make the industry pay: “I’m overcharging hip-hop cause of what they did to Betha.” Beatsmith Sal Dali crafts a hazy, street-ready instrumental backdrop for his rhymes. Bewler’s forthcoming full-length has yet to receive a title or drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with fresh singles and release details as they emerge.
Written by richard on 06/17/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Right Fist" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.