Mason “Ma$e” Betha is alive and well, but the late-‘90s hitmaker’s long and arduous struggle to escape from his Bad Boy contract seems to have destroyed his interest in a major-label comeback. Incensed at seeing one of his musical idols receive such shoddy treatment, Harlem buzzmaker Rugz D. Bewler is out for revenge on Ghost of Betha, a fresh song release off his next studio album. In cool, calculating verses, the Bad Man’s World emcee states his intent to make the industry pay: “I’m overcharging hip-hop cause of what they did to Betha.” Beatsmith Sal Dali crafts a hazy, street-ready instrumental backdrop for his rhymes. Bewler’s forthcoming full-length has yet to receive a title or drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with fresh singles and release details as they emerge.
Written by richard on 06/17/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Right Fist" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.