Mason “Ma$e” Betha is alive and well, but the late-‘90s hitmaker’s long and arduous struggle to escape from his Bad Boy contract seems to have destroyed his interest in a major-label comeback. Incensed at seeing one of his musical idols receive such shoddy treatment, Harlem buzzmaker Rugz D. Bewler is out for revenge on Ghost of Betha, a fresh song release off his next studio album. In cool, calculating verses, the Bad Man’s World emcee states his intent to make the industry pay: “I’m overcharging hip-hop cause of what they did to Betha.” Beatsmith Sal Dali crafts a hazy, street-ready instrumental backdrop for his rhymes. Bewler’s forthcoming full-length has yet to receive a title or drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with fresh singles and release details as they emerge.
Written by richard on 06/17/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Right Fist" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.