Mason “Ma$e” Betha is alive and well, but the late-‘90s hitmaker’s long and arduous struggle to escape from his Bad Boy contract seems to have destroyed his interest in a major-label comeback. Incensed at seeing one of his musical idols receive such shoddy treatment, Harlem buzzmaker Rugz D. Bewler is out for revenge on Ghost of Betha, a fresh song release off his next studio album. In cool, calculating verses, the Bad Man’s World emcee states his intent to make the industry pay: “I’m overcharging hip-hop cause of what they did to Betha.” Beatsmith Sal Dali crafts a hazy, street-ready instrumental backdrop for his rhymes. Bewler’s forthcoming full-length has yet to receive a title or drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with fresh singles and release details as they emerge.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Right Fist" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.