Mason “Ma$e” Betha is alive and well, but the late-‘90s hitmaker’s long and arduous struggle to escape from his Bad Boy contract seems to have destroyed his interest in a major-label comeback. Incensed at seeing one of his musical idols receive such shoddy treatment, Harlem buzzmaker Rugz D. Bewler is out for revenge on Ghost of Betha, a fresh song release off his next studio album. In cool, calculating verses, the Bad Man’s World emcee states his intent to make the industry pay: “I’m overcharging hip-hop cause of what they did to Betha.” Beatsmith Sal Dali crafts a hazy, street-ready instrumental backdrop for his rhymes. Bewler’s forthcoming full-length has yet to receive a title or drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with fresh singles and release details as they emerge.
Written by richard on 06/17/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Right Fist" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.