On Rugz D. Bewler‘s most recent mixtape, Bené, he proudly declared himself a “Beautiful Extraterrestrial N**ga Eating.” Beautiful and well-fed are clearly dope things to be, but what exactly did the Harlem rhymesayer mean by insinuating that he was not of this earth? On new single ET, released along with trippy visuals by Guillaume Leblanc/F. Track Films (with motion graphics by Kaans), Rugz offers a little more info on his celestial origins. Over Sal Dali‘s spacey synths and guitar samples, the artist insists that he is a being from beyond the stars, placed here by a higher power to change the world through his rhymes. When he lights up an L, he explains, he’s simply trying to make his way home: “N**gas laughed when I said I’d be on the moon / I’m high right now n**ga, that’s a good start.” Like what you’re hearing? Then what are you waiting for—click here to cop Bewler’s latest street album via The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 02/28/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Right Fist" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)