On Rugz D. Bewler‘s most recent mixtape, Bené, he proudly declared himself a “Beautiful Extraterrestrial N**ga Eating.” Beautiful and well-fed are clearly dope things to be, but what exactly did the Harlem rhymesayer mean by insinuating that he was not of this earth? On new single ET, released along with trippy visuals by Guillaume Leblanc/F. Track Films (with motion graphics by Kaans), Rugz offers a little more info on his celestial origins. Over Sal Dali‘s spacey synths and guitar samples, the artist insists that he is a being from beyond the stars, placed here by a higher power to change the world through his rhymes. When he lights up an L, he explains, he’s simply trying to make his way home: “N**gas laughed when I said I’d be on the moon / I’m high right now n**ga, that’s a good start.” Like what you’re hearing? Then what are you waiting for—click here to cop Bewler’s latest street album via The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 02/28/14
Harlem buzzmaker Rugz D. Bewler has come together with The DJBooth to bring listeners his latest mixtape, Bené (Beautiful Extraterrestrial N**ga Eating). The project comprises 12 tracks' worth of original material and...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Right Fist" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.