On Rugz D. Bewler‘s most recent mixtape, Bené, he proudly declared himself a “Beautiful Extraterrestrial N**ga Eating.” Beautiful and well-fed are clearly dope things to be, but what exactly did the Harlem rhymesayer mean by insinuating that he was not of this earth? On new single ET, released along with trippy visuals by Guillaume Leblanc/F. Track Films (with motion graphics by Kaans), Rugz offers a little more info on his celestial origins. Over Sal Dali‘s spacey synths and guitar samples, the artist insists that he is a being from beyond the stars, placed here by a higher power to change the world through his rhymes. When he lights up an L, he explains, he’s simply trying to make his way home: “N**gas laughed when I said I’d be on the moon / I’m high right now n**ga, that’s a good start.” Like what you’re hearing? Then what are you waiting for—click here to cop Bewler’s latest street album via The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 02/28/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Right Fist" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.