On Rugz D. Bewler‘s most recent mixtape, Bené, he proudly declared himself a “Beautiful Extraterrestrial N**ga Eating.” Beautiful and well-fed are clearly dope things to be, but what exactly did the Harlem rhymesayer mean by insinuating that he was not of this earth? On new single ET, released along with trippy visuals by Guillaume Leblanc/F. Track Films (with motion graphics by Kaans), Rugz offers a little more info on his celestial origins. Over Sal Dali‘s spacey synths and guitar samples, the artist insists that he is a being from beyond the stars, placed here by a higher power to change the world through his rhymes. When he lights up an L, he explains, he’s simply trying to make his way home: “N**gas laughed when I said I’d be on the moon / I’m high right now n**ga, that’s a good start.” Like what you’re hearing? Then what are you waiting for—click here to cop Bewler’s latest street album via The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 02/28/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Right Fist" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.