It’s hard to believe we’re already ten days into the New Year, isn’t it? Hopefully the prospect of new beginnings hasn’t worn off just yet. Let’s face it, even if you don’t believe in resolutions, it’s a safe bet that some aspect of your life could use a reboot. If that’s the case then R&B singer Rudy Currence‘s new single Reinvention is right up your alley. Sometimes knowing that someone else can relate to what we’re going through is a motivating force, and hearing Rudy sing about starting over could ignite some spark that sets off a movement which leads to progress. I’m not saying it’s the Man In The Mirror of 2012, I’m just saying that hearing the word “reinvention” repeated in the chorus might have some sort of sub-conscious effect. Rudy not only sings his arse off, he shows some impressive chops with his production as well. It’s a lush, passionate sound that compliments his singing in a way that can evoke emotion if you’re in that frame of mind when you hear it. Be sure to check out his album Digital Analog for more of his vocal stylings and keep DJBooth on deck for more from Currence in 2012.
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 01/10/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.