It’s hard to believe we’re already ten days into the New Year, isn’t it? Hopefully the prospect of new beginnings hasn’t worn off just yet. Let’s face it, even if you don’t believe in resolutions, it’s a safe bet that some aspect of your life could use a reboot. If that’s the case then R&B singer Rudy Currence‘s new single Reinvention is right up your alley. Sometimes knowing that someone else can relate to what we’re going through is a motivating force, and hearing Rudy sing about starting over could ignite some spark that sets off a movement which leads to progress. I’m not saying it’s the Man In The Mirror of 2012, I’m just saying that hearing the word “reinvention” repeated in the chorus might have some sort of sub-conscious effect. Rudy not only sings his arse off, he shows some impressive chops with his production as well. It’s a lush, passionate sound that compliments his singing in a way that can evoke emotion if you’re in that frame of mind when you hear it. Be sure to check out his album Digital Analog for more of his vocal stylings and keep DJBooth on deck for more from Currence in 2012.
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 01/10/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.