Heartache and pain will be part of even the happiest life. Fortunately, we have music to help us through the toughest of times. If you’re feeling down, Rudy Currence‘s latest single, Blackberry Molasses, may be just the cut to set you on the path to recovery. Though the Mike Chek signee’s soulfully-delivered verses deal with some difficult emotions (“Sometimes I’d rather give up instead… seems like I’m better off dead.”), the headliner (along with co-producer Mykal Star) provide a spoonful of sugar to help the medicine go down, basing his summery instrumental around the oft-flipped break from Bob James’s Take Me to the Mardi Gras. Molasses is just a loosie but, rest assured, we’ll keep you posted on this talented crooner’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 07/14/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.