Heartache and pain will be part of even the happiest life. Fortunately, we have music to help us through the toughest of times. If you’re feeling down, Rudy Currence‘s latest single, Blackberry Molasses, may be just the cut to set you on the path to recovery. Though the Mike Chek signee’s soulfully-delivered verses deal with some difficult emotions (“Sometimes I’d rather give up instead… seems like I’m better off dead.”), the headliner (along with co-producer Mykal Star) provide a spoonful of sugar to help the medicine go down, basing his summery instrumental around the oft-flipped break from Bob James’s Take Me to the Mardi Gras. Molasses is just a loosie but, rest assured, we’ll keep you posted on this talented crooner’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 07/14/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.