Heartache and pain will be part of even the happiest life. Fortunately, we have music to help us through the toughest of times. If you’re feeling down, Rudy Currence‘s latest single, Blackberry Molasses, may be just the cut to set you on the path to recovery. Though the Mike Chek signee’s soulfully-delivered verses deal with some difficult emotions (“Sometimes I’d rather give up instead… seems like I’m better off dead.”), the headliner (along with co-producer Mykal Star) provide a spoonful of sugar to help the medicine go down, basing his summery instrumental around the oft-flipped break from Bob James’s Take Me to the Mardi Gras. Molasses is just a loosie but, rest assured, we’ll keep you posted on this talented crooner’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 07/14/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.